Clone Varietal: Chardonnay Entav 95 | Pinot Noir Entav 777
Rootstock: Paulsen 1103 | 3309
Terroir: Vale dos Vinhedos
Slope of the soil between 25 ° and 35 ° - Exposure east, northeast and north
Soil: well drained and medium depth clay
Density/ha Chardonnay: 4.000
Density/ha Pinot Noir: 4.000
Type of Pruning Chardonnay: Guyot
Type of Pruning Pinot Noir: Guyot
Gems Load/ha Chardonnay: 40.000
Gems Load/ha Pinot Noir: 40.000
Elaboration by Traditional Method
Preparation of base wine
- Final selection of bunches;
- Direct pressing of the grapes, discontinuous and delicate, in inert atmosphere;
- Cold static cleaning of must;
- Use of selected yeasts Saccharomyces cerevisiae;
- Alcoholic fermentation with temperature between 15º and 16ºC;
- Preservation of the base wine on fine lees with batonnage;
- Assemblage: 10% of wines that have been trained in French oak barrels with low toasting for 10 months.
- Cold tartaric stabilization for one week at - 5 ° C;
- Addition of tirage liqueur with inoculum of selected yeasts Saccharomyces cerevisiae esp. bayanus;
- Second fermentation inside the bottle with temperature of 12ºC for 45 days;
- Maturation for 30 months "sur lie" occurring autolysis of yeasts - Average temperature of the cellar of 16 ° C;
Visual: Straw yellow coloration with characteristic cloudy appearance.
Olfactory: Aroma of great complexity and elegance, with a balance between the notes of almonds, acquired during the 30 months of maturity, and notes of fresh tropical fruits.
Palate: Perfectly balanced. A very good balance between the freshness coming from the acidity and the creaminess. The finish of the mouth is very fine, revealing delicate nuances of almonds, coming from the evolution of the sparkling wine.